renrenren3: (Merlin * gif)
[personal profile] renrenren3
I watched the last three episodes together, as a mini-marathon.

3x11 was... meh. Yet another tourney episode. Sorry, was I supposed to care about the guy with the girly name who isn't evil but just misguided and eventually sees the error of his ways?

The last two episodes were much, much better. Almost enough to redeem a lacklustre season on their own. We even got some hilarious Arthur/Merlin moments, and all the Power Rangers Knights of Camelot teamed up together. Awesomeness.

I still have major gripes with the writing, leaving all those plot holes, and wth was Gwaine's last scene about? And I'm not sold about Percival either, what was his point? He hardly got any lines, didn't do anything relevant, they could have just given Gwen a sword and sent her off instead of introducing a brand new character for no reason whatsoever. It would have made a lot more sense than... oh, wait, sense? I forgot who we're talking about.

In my canon, though, Gwen picks up a sword and goes to kick some serious zombie ass. After having seen these eps, That Interview is a lot more infuriating. I'm not going to talk about it, it's just too frustrating and I want to think about positive things instead of plot holes.

Speaking of plot holes: so the sword from the lake is also the sword in the stone, and why don't they just give Arthur the damn sword and put an end to this ridiculousity? By the way, when someone tells me to hide something where nobody can find it, my first thought isn't to jam the damn thing into a rock that has a spotlight shining on it. Just sayin'.

Anyway, plot holes aside, the last two eps were good. I'm wondering how they'll do S4 now that we have a bunch of newly knighted recurring characters, hopefully Gwaine, Lance and Leon will feature more often. And Morgana's gone. (By the way, Morgana: gee, you killed a dozen innocent bystanders, I wonder why people don't love you!) Baww, I'll miss nice!Morgana.

Profile

renrenren3: (Default)
Ren

April 2017

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 5th, 2026 03:19 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios